Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Song I'm Feelin' Right Now

Yesterday a friend (who knows about the whole recent dissolution of my fledgling relationship) sent me a link to this awesome Whitney Houston and Robyn mashup. It blends together "How Will I Know" and "Dancing On My Own" into one groovy little poppy dance track. I remember being just a little boy and listening to Whitney's first album in the car (on tape of course) as my mom drove me to school. She practically wore that thing out (as well as her Madonna and Janet Jackson tapes)! And of course I love Robyn to bits, so for the moment, this is my JAM!



What makes the whole thing even more appropriate is that these two songs pretty much exemplify my current thoughts and state of mind.

A few lyrics from "How Will I Know:"
"There's a boy I know
He's the one I dream of
Looks into my eyes
Takes me to the clouds above

"How will I know if he really loves me
I say a prayer with every heart beat
I fall in love whenever we meet
I'm asking you what you know about these things"

"Oh tell me how will I know?
(Don't trust your feelings)
How will I know?"

And some from "Dancing On My Own:"
"I'm in the corner, watching you kiss her, oh
I'm right over here, why can't you see me? Oh
I'm giving it my all, but I'm not the girl you're taking home, ooh
I keep dancing on my own
(I keep dancing on my own)"

So, I think the million dollar question we all ask ourselves is, "How will I Know?" I thought I knew, but it turns out I may have had the wool pulled over my eyes. So, for I'll keep dancing on my own.

-FQ

No comments: