Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Weekly Wrap-up: Week 5

Woo-hoo! I lost another pound. One little pound, it doesn't seem like much but that is equal to 3,500 calories, and that is a much larger number, which makes it seem a little more substantial. Any pound lost (actually worked off, its not like it just disappeared on its own) is an accomplishment, and another small battle won. Only about 160,000 more calories to go!

So how did I do it this week?

I worked out damn near every day for at least one hour. Going to the gym, walking, using exercise videos (Beachbody's Hip Hop Abs), and even doing a kick boxing class. Yes I am a bit sore, and yeah, there are blisters on my feet, but they are just tiny battle wounds that will go away in time.

I continued to work on portion control and making healthy choices. I snacked on fruit and veggies over crackers or other junk. I ate lots of veggies, drank lots of water, and focused on keeping up on organic, whole grain, natural foods. No more weird chemical ingredients in my meals, that is just not necessary.

I think the other part of this week that played a big part in my success was keeping my head in the game. One thing I have realized over the years of struggling with my weight is that you really have to commit. It really means that you have to constantly be thinking about your goal, and thinking thin. I think about how good it will feel to get rid of all the excess weight. I think about what I am putting into my body. I TALK MYSELF UP. I tell myself that I am proud of myself for going to the gym. I say, "Good job!" and "You did it!" I congratulate myself for making smart food choices. I really believe that staying positive, and thinking positive thoughts is the key.

One month down. A few pounds lost. A good start to a long journey. I am proud of myself.

No comments: