Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Weekly Wrap-up: Week 3

Hmmmmm. Week three, not so hot. I did not work out as much as I wanted to, and i ate some foods I probably shouldn't have. I don't know where my motivation went, or my self control. Honestly, it would have been so easy to just walk away from the Krispy Kreme doughnut, just turnaround and walk away. Fast! But no. I didn't do that (to check out the nutrition info for this horrid place go here: http://www.krispykreme.com/varieties.html). There was also the cookie that had 7g of fat (and i had three over the course of the week).

I did make some good choices though, it wasn't all bad. I made a healthy smoothie (nonfat milk, strawberries, blueberries, a little organic chocolate syrup, and a 1/2 scoop of whey protein powder) for dessert rather than ice cream or some other junk (a K.K. doughnut?) I also reached for an apple or some veggies and hummus rather than crackers or other snack crap. So all in all not so bad, I think it all evened out (ish).

I did manage a couple one hour workouts throughout the week, but definitely slacked off and procrastinate until it was too late to to work out at all. That was pretty lame on my part.

This week I also joined FatSecret.com and PEERtrainer.com. The first one allows you to track your weight with weekly, or bi-weekly weigh ins and plots progress on a graph (as well as other cool stuff). The other is an online support group type deal. I joined a GLBT group which sounded cool. Its all about talking with others, offering hints and what has/hasn't worked for you, and providing motivation /getting motivated by them.

And finally, I weighed myself and took my body measurements. I think i will do this on a monthly basis.

As of January, 28th 2008:
height: 6'0"
weight: 248 lbs
neck (because last time I went to get a dress shirt I had no idea): 16"
chest @ nipples: 48"
under breasts: 44"
bicep: 14"
at belly button: 45"
hips: 42"
butt @ widest point: 46.5"
thigh: 25.5"
calf: 18"

So, for the following week. I need to work out at least 5 days. No questions, no excuses. Continue to not only watch, but also think about, what i am eating. As well as use online support and motivating myself to stay strong and keep working toward my goal.

No comments: